Wednesday 13 September 2017

Stop Dreaming, Start Doing



There were days I laid in my bed for the better part of the day, thinking. Imaginations so real it felt like seeing a movie in 50D. Success so ethereal it felt eternally beyond my reach.
I'd smile with my eyes closed at the surreal life I'd have and literally taste the smoothness of the greatness on my tongue.
Usually, that dreaming session ends with goosebumps. Goosebumps from cold chills running down my spine because of the sudden appearance of fear. A 1000 volts of it jolting me back to my nowhere-near-there reality.
And then I'd crash down to my present, from my picture perfect future and crawl back into my sulking space of complaints. Complains of how the system isn't working, how Nigeria would reduce Einstein to a nonentity were he born here.
Waiting for where I had an epiphany and everything started synching in fulfilment of my dreams? You might have to wait a little longer.
This is not a happily ever story. It's a story of how the walls of impossibilities can gradually ebb away when you stop dreaming and start doing. Most importantly, how being in the midst of the right people can give you several pushes in the right direction.
There is no limit to the amount of things you can achieve if you have God, faith and support it with works with a daily dose of positivity. No limits!
An awesome lady I respect a lot said "Dream big, start small, grow fast"
It's ok if your dreams scare you sometimes but don't let that fear cripple you from taking your first step in the right direction.

Have a productive day, will you?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Break that glass ceiling!

Globally, there is a new song on the lips of everyone. It is the voice of support, the voice that opines that men and women were create...